Saturday 24 March 2012

A Bunch of Sweeties

LET'S pretend I didn't fall of the face of the earth...and get right back into it. Shall we? Mhm.

I am slightly ashamed that I have totally neglected my blog. I have actually been doing things that I have wanted to blog about however, I just never got myself to sit down and do it. Apologies.

I can't even trace back to all of the things I've done BUT I do have a few pictures I can share with you.
It was my sister's 24th birthday February 14 and I made her a fruity cheesecake. I have never, ever been the person to make a homemade birthday cake. I just eat them like a little chunk that I am. Ever since I was a little girl, I gave so much credit to those who brought over homemade cakes. I mean it. I always think of the task as impossible. I honestly have no idea why I would ever think that about baking a cake...but I did. Anyways, I was quite proud of myself when I put the finishing touches on this fruity little thing. FYI, every piece was devoured so needless to say I gave myself a nice pat of the back. I also made dark chocolate strawberries! I love those, especially if they are made with good quality chocolate. You won't be able to see it in this picture but I also drizzled some white chocolate on another batch and they looked adorable! That's half of the baking experience. Sure they taste good, but do they look cute? 

TODAY, I made cranberry and dark chocolate biscotti cookies with almonds. Biscottis are by far my favourite cookie. Ever. I love the irresistible crunch and the rich almondy flavour. If you know me, you know the chocolate bit doesn't hurt either! Mine turned out to be miniature biscottis but nevertheless, still a success story! * Please excuse the bold product placement...I'm quite a Starbucks fan.

Ladies and gents, I have come to a conclusion. I think one of the main reasons I love to bake is because I never grew up in a house of bakers. My mother is a god in the kitchen but she never enjoyed baking.  Baked goods usually came into our house in a little white box. I always assumed that it wasn't something you can just make at home. For some reason, I always thought you needed some special talent or equipment. Turns out you don't. You just need to have the desire to make it happen. When ever I successfully execute a new recipe and the sweets look store-bought, I'm like "Hell yeah, I did that!"




ON another note...I have gone from stumbling to pinning like a sick mad woman. I should be able to put pinning as a skill on my resume. Perhaps even a talent. I understand those just sound like adjectives to some people but I'm sure some of you can relate. Pinterest is a website that is essentially a big pin board. IN fact, you can have as many virtual pin boards as your heart desires. Each pin board allows you to pin pictures from anywhere on the web directly to your boards. This way you get to have a collection of all of your favourite pictures in one place. Brilliant ...and addictive. You can check out my boards here! http://pinterest.com/raisanakhimova/ 

Enjoy! 
Bye for now! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment