Thursday 26 January 2012

Stumbling

I have a new addiction. Thankfully it's a fairly safe addiction unless, of course it's exam time, in which case I'm miserable regardless. 

StumbleUpon. People are absolutely genius. There are so many arguments you can make for and against the rise of social media websites. Although, one can argue that their sudden immense popularity has significantly pooped on stagnated human interaction, it has also connected us on a different level. If you haven't visited StumbleUpon yet, you most definitely should give it a try. Don't have time? Try doing it right before you check your Facebook for the 5th time that day...chances are Sam is out of the shower an Kelly's dog is feeling better. Totally separate issue, but what is it about putting your WHOLE life in your Facebook status? Please, tell me. Is the way you wake up or eat breakfast significantly different from everyone else that you feel the urge to notify us? God forbid I've been doing it wrong this whole time.  No one and I really mean NO ONE wants to know. Infact, my life would significantly improve if I knew less about your personal life. Oh! You also do not have haters...people probably just don't like you and that's probably  directly connected with the stupid pictures you post along with the offensive/stupid captions. You are single handedly polluting Facebook, STOP IT!

Anyways, back to the interesting people around the world. Once you select your "interests" all you have to do is Stumble. The site will dig up websites that fit your interests. I now have a shit load of Bookmarks of things I have stumbled upon. I have become that annoying girl who walks around constantly showing everyone interesting links, paintings, places around the world, interesting food, etc. That's better than updating my status about how much I love my turtle (I have no idea why I just picked that but it seems random enough). 

Give it a shot. You won't regret it.
 http://www.stumbleupon.com/home

In other news, I'm taking my ass back to art class on Friday. I've been dying to go back. Plus, I hate going out in the winter time. Getting gall dressed up, taking a 60 dollar cab downtown, waiting in the line...in the cold, paying cover, paying for bottles, paying to get home and being exhausted the next day? Noooooo, thanks. I should probably add the inevitable event where a friend drinks too much and your night out turns into a mission of getting them home. Did I already say no thanks? So art class Fridays it is. I need to figure out what I want to paint though which is always such a difficulty since I am the world's most undeceive person. I may end up painting one of the ones below...or a picture from my recent vacation. Decisions, decisions, decisions. 


Okay, times up! I have class starting in exactly 12 minutes and I am still sipping on my coffee at Starbucks. In all honesty, I'll probably end up reading the Hunger Games which I am not really a fan of. It's definitely aimed at young teens which translates into being slightly boring and PG. But I'm on the third book and the idea of not finishing the series bothers me more than finishing it. Weird, I know.

Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment