Monday 9 April 2012

Work In Progress!

I have a new project on my hands...smack down in the midst of exam time. I honestly feel like I do this to myself not to fall into depression during burry yourself in boring textbooks time. I have offered to plan my cousins Baby Shower and it is looking pretty god damn cute! I went to pick up some supplies and things I need to make for this event come to life. HOWEVER, as of today I am now putting myself on a time-out ( or a lock-down, sounds more badass). The deal is I can only continue planning once I write my last exam on the 27th. Honestly, I hate prioritizing!! Please find me one single person who enjoys being responsible. They are probably as common as children that hate candy. So, if I had to take a guesstimate I would put that number anywhere between 0 and NO ONE.


I have set up a little station in my basement where I can work on everything I need for this shower and I have this very strong feeling that I will end up down there some nights. Don't worry, I will make sure to bring my study notes down with me so that they don't feel neglected.  My new little station is so cute and cozy and clean (for now)...kind of makes me feel like an elf.


We are still working on securing the location. It will most likely be a party room in a condo. Since I am on a tight budget, I'll be doing a lot of the decorations myself which I actually love doing. I have watched a disgusting amount of youtube videos, spent countless hours on Pinterest and read so many blogs that I feel like I can master this thing no.problem.


The menu is still in the making but will consist mostly of light appetizers and yummy desserts! I will attempt to make lollipop cakes for the first time which I'm really excited about. However, the last time I made a dessert that required me to dip it into melted chocolate I managed to have the chocolate explode ALL over the kitchen. Mom loved that. This time, I'll be a little more careful. Whatever, it's part of the process. What's a kitchen if not messy?  




Ps. I haven't been baking because of Passover. The next time I will bake will probably be for the Baby Shower so stay tuned. Should be some cute stuff (given I don't blow up the kitchen).


Don't forget to check out Pinterest for cute ideas! http://pinterest.com/raisanakhimova/

You can also subscribe to get e-mail notifications every time I blog (which will be on the regular now...If it's not we'll just blame it on school). Just enter your e-mail address in the tab found on the right side toolbar.


Ciao for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment