Monday 17 October 2011

Ikea Who?

I have this thing where I'll be studying or trying to fall asleep and an idea will slowly creep into my mind and set up camp. The lastest one being book shelves

Did I so desperately need a book shelf? In the middle of midterm week? With 4 assignments due the upcoming week? Of course...not. But the match was lit and there was nothing I could have done about it. 

I think I visited every single website out there to find unique shelves. Did you know they have a shelf that looks like a tree branch? Or shelfs that you can literally sit in and read? I didn't.

Every aspect of my room has been thought out. It's a pure reflection of everything I love [aka New York]. Therefore, I absolutely had to find a cool way to integrate these book shelves.

During my 100th visit to Home Sense that week I found these amazing, vintage looking, fake books! I would assume most people use them to decorate their libraries and such. The "book cover" actually opens up and you can store things inside.

Anyways! With a little help from Isai I was able to create exactly what I wanted and I am completely in LOVE with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment