Friday 4 November 2011

Feeling Good

I haven't had the chance to blog for a little while. Instinctually I want to blame it on school, but the sad truth is that my life has been lacking newsworthy events. At the moment I am situated in my favourite spot at the Starbucks (shocker!) which is located on the top floor of the downtown Indigo Bookstore (double shocker!!)





Winter is quickly approaching and I can literally count on my fingers the reasons that make this season bearable for me. Ready?

Finger Number One: Starbucks Holiday Lovin'. Most of you are fully aware of my blown-out infatuation with this place. But it gets even better! (or worse, depending on your stance on the subject in which case your opinion is irrelevant). The red cups have made their comeback! As well as the worth-getting-fat-for specialty drinks. Two words; Peppermint Mocha. Love to spend time at any Starbucks, it really uplifts my mood. I just want to point out that my homework gets done around here...that's magical. And if you are lucky enough to not have to study, or you are just good at pretending so, you can grab a hot drink, a book, or play some Frank Sinatra and you're golden.


Finger Number Two: Chanukah Bush Goes up! Okay, technically it's a fake Christmas tree that I purchased on sale from Canadian Tire last year a couple days before Christmas but, it has lights on it! You just twist on three "tree trunks", plug in the lights and Ta-da! You've got Holiday happiness. I bought little silver and blue star of davids to turn it into a Chanukah bush. So to sum it up, I put up a nice big mess of a fake tree in my living room and call it a day. I'll be putting it up in the next few days, so I'll be sure to post a picture. 


Finger Number Three: One year older, one year wiser. I will be turning the big 2-0 this year on December 6th. As a child, I used to start my birthday countdown about 50 days prior. This year, however, I have an exam on December the 5th AND December the 6th! Yes, to answer your question, I do want to kill myself. So, needless to say I willNOT be counting down the days. Counting down to my birthday will essentially be the same thing as counting down to my exams and the last time I checked I was not insane, thankyouverymuch. To make things worse, my parents as well as my sister will be out of the city. That leaves me with my brother, my dog, some sort of baked good, and my exam! Party!


Finger Number Four: Island in the Sun, City in the Snow! This year our vacation promises to be about a 100 times more special than any other before it because... drum roll please....it is my cousins destination wedding! The whole familia will be flying down to the beautiful Caribbean for some sun, food, sun, food, sun and food. I mean what can possibly go wrong when you put 20+ loud Russians on an island with and unlimited supply of alcohol to celebrate a wedding? I can only imagine. Since this trip will be taking place in the new year, I have decided to spend 2 weeks in one of my favourite  cities right up until the 31st. The holiday season is a vision in New York City. Everything is covered with plush white snow, or dirty slush, and lights, lights, and more lights! Plus, I get to spend time with my favourite auntie, grandparents and cousins. Just the thought of it makes me happy.


FOUR FINGERS GUYS! Didn't even make it to five.
Let's hope these reasons will outweigh the brutality of a Canadian winter. I've got my Uggs, my Goose, some mittens and a nice fur hat. 
In the words of Drake; I'm ready for ya.

PS. I must bake tonight since I did no do so on Wednesday but I still haven't decided on what! Possibly cookie dough pretzel lollipops dipped in white chocolate? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment