Sunday 20 November 2011

Welcoming Winter...

With a Farewell to Fall.





Fall is such a stunning season. I'll admit it does get a little too windy for my liking but on the days when the sun is out and the air is crisp and clean, I have nothing to complain about. As everyone is aware I tend to have the Food Network on throughout the day and I got inspired to cook something seasonal this weekend. So since I have  paper on Human Resource Management due tomorrow and couldn't possibly tear myself away from my lack of work, I sent my brother to the supermarket to pick up a Squash... for my Butternut Squash soup (I'm sure no one saw that one coming!).  I got the recipe off the Food Network website and it proved to be all 5 of the little red stars that I was promised. With a hint of nutmeg and a dollop of butter, it was so perfectly sweet and rich. I just sprinkled a little bit of fresh herbs on top and all three of us (brother, sister and I) devoured a bowl as soon as it was ready. Check out the recipe below!

I also had some brussel sprouts that I spontaneously bought at the supermarket roughly a week ago with absolutely no idea how I was going to prepare them. So away they sat in my fridge getting pushed further back day by day. So, naturally, as soon as I get a bunch of work thrown at me the first thing I do is go straight to the fridge to waste time cook something. For this reason, we had yummy brussel sprouts glazed with pomegranate balsamic vinegar that was reduced with a touch of honey. So delicious! 

It's safe to say that today was a successful culinary day! I'm so happy with this comforting Fall-like soup. Only if every risk I take in the kitchen was this successful! 
One day...(maybe)

Enjoy the last days of fall!


Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/butternut-squash-soup-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I read your food posts, I imagine you as an old man with a British accent - especially when you say "dollop of butter!"
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete