Monday 7 November 2011

Grano

This past weekend I attended a birthday dinner at Grano Restorante, an Italian restaurant, located midtown Toronto. The second I walked in I knew this was my kind of place. The decor was incredible. Every last detail was thought out. There were vintage-style art pieces throughout and beautiful oil paintings that graced the bare walls. Even the wooden dinner tables, made to look rustic, were painted by a local artist who owns an art shop a few blocks down the street. Little accents here and there gave the place a sense of old-school Europe (in a modern kind of way). Needless to say, I was very happy to be there.  

The paintings that covered the walls of the three-room restaurant were all mostly done by the Owner Chef. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a website that I can share with you. Shame.

Anyways, I snapped a few photos to show you how rich in art and culture this restaurant really was. It is no wonder they are celebrating their 25th anniversary.




Antipasto: Italia Mia e Tera Nuovo
From Italy & Ontario: Italian prosciutto, pingue salumi, bufala mozzarella, giardiniera

Secondo: Involtini Di Pollo
Scaloppine of chicken breast with mozzarella, wrapped with sage & pancetta, peperonata.
I think it's safe to say that my Jewish ancestors are rolling in their graves, but it was so succulent and delicious!


Dolci: Tiramisu (Heavenly!) 
House made genoise, espresso, liqueurs, mascarpone & shaved chocolate

Grano
2035 Yonge Street
416.440.1986

1 comment: